The Stark County Academics is Priority Number One committee is pleased to announce the creation of an “Alumni Hall of Fame” award to be presented annually at the spring “State of the District” program. Its purpose is to honor alumni of Stark County High School who have distinguished themselves through exemplary accomplishments. Selection is based on outstanding academic achievement, professional impact or career achievement, professional honors and awards, civic involvement, or other exemplary accomplishments.
The Academics is Priority Number One committee invites you to nominate yourself or anyone else you feel is deserving of this award. The nomination form is available beginning Sept. 1 at http://stark100.com/community/district-forms/or in the SC Unit Office.
- Be a graduate of Stark County High School, Wyoming Community High School, Toulon High School, or LaFayette Community High School.
- Have graduated at least 10 years prior to nomination
Criteria for Candidates May Include:
- Have outstanding post-high school academic achievement
- Have outstanding accomplishments in his/her field
- Have made a significant contribution to education, community or humanity
- Consideration will be given to young alumni who have already made significant accomplishments for their age
Nominations are due at the Unit Office by Dec. 1st and may be mailed to the Unit Office at 300 W. Van Buren, Wyoming, IL 61491. Attn: Alumni Hall of Fame Award
A selection committee representing the sponsoring group will review nominations. Nominated candidates not selected remain eligible if re-submitted in future years.
Hall of Fame recipients will receive an individual award and be recognized permanently on a plaque at Stark County High School.